How to start Kirana Store business in 2023?
As we know online-shopping has made our life very easy. Through online-shopping, we can easily order everything available in our grocery store (Kirana Store, Grocery Store) of our home and if there is a special offer, then we can get the grocery cheaply.
But still sometimes some things are such that we can quickly go to the grocery store and bring them. Whether it is a village or a city, grocery stores are easily available everywhere.
There is also a good thing that we can make it a means of earning because its work always happens to people in everyday life, if we understand it properly and do some hard work, then we can easily earn money sitting through the grocery store. Can
What is Kirana Store and how to start it?
At Kirana store, we can easily get small and big items of every need, according to the place its size can be small or big.
“We know the business of Kirana Store, Grocery Store by the name of grocery store in common language.”
These are available everywhere and can be customized according to the needs of each customer.
To start a grocery store, we need to understand some things like cost, material, earning, place etc. only occurs.
Cost to open a grocery store Cost of Opening a Kirana Store
Before opening a grocery store, we have to make a good budget, for what we should spend how much money.
Because Kirana Store Our budget to open mainly depends on the following
- shop location
- shop owned or taken on rent
- Shop furniture we want to keep simple or make a perfect model
- Electric work, lights, boards and hoardings
- grocery store supplies
- Registration and registration charges
- stationery and other
For all the above expenses, contact the wholesale supplier for Electrician, Carpenter, Property, Brokers and Kirana shop available near you or in any acquaintance, take a budget from them or you can visit indiamart.com to know the price of all these things or to find a wholesale supplier. can also be used.
“Based on that budget, decide how much you want to spend
And the area in which you are going to open the grocery store
Is there enough sales possible to recover the cost and make profits in future?
Because it also depends on the location of our shop, how many sales are possible at the location marked by you and whether all the expenses can be recovered including the shop rent or not, keeping all these things in mind, it is wise to have a fixed cost. ex-use fair.
Registration of grocery store. Kirana Store Registration
- Trade License: – With the help of trade license, you get the freedom to sell, buy and hold grocery or grocery store related goods.
- Shops and Establishment :- Get your shop registered under Shop Establishment Act 1953 in Municipality, Municipal Corporation, Gram Panchayat etc.
- FSSAI licensing:- To trade any type of food product, it is mandatory for us to take FSSAI license as per the rules, because most of the food products are sold in the grocery business, to get the license you can apply to the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India ( FSSAI) can be contacted.
- GST Registration: – It is mandatory for all types of traders in India to register their business under GST and pay the tax prescribed by the government, after getting GST registration done to open a grocery store, you will get a 15-digit GST IS unique ID GST number. There will be, with the help of which you will be able to file your GST return.
Marketing for grocery stores
- Marketing is required to promote any new business as soon as possible and Kiwi marketing can be done so that we can popularize our store in the surrounding area as soon as possible and create a brand value for it. .
- For this, we can use the means of promotion like deals, offers, discounts etc., both online or offline.
- If your shop is in a busy area where there is no other competition, you can cut back on marketing if you want.
- Once the customers start coming to your store, then it is your responsibility to operate the store properly so that the customer gets all types and good quality goods on time.
- You should treat customers with respect and respect in polite language, thus your dealings with your customers will be strengthened.
Helpers needed for grocery store
If the grocery store is big and there is a problem in giving the goods to the customers properly, then a trustworthy staff can be kept for assistance, such a staff who is responsible and hardworking, who can handle the customer well and help you.
हो सकता है कि शुरुआत में स्टोर बहुत अधिक अच्छा ना चले परंतु निराश ना हो और अपने व्यवसाय को चलने में थोड़ा समय दे यदि हम मेहनत और ईमानदारी से प्रयत्न करेंगे और सभी छोटी-छोटी बातों को समझ कर व्यवसाय पर ध्यान देंगे तो किराना स्टोर जल्द ही अच्छा चलने लगेगा और मुनाफा भी होने लगेगा।
grocery store location
- It is necessary to look for such a location for the grocery store where your shop will run well for years, that is, it will give good business and we do not have to change the place of the shop again and again.
- People come and go in the nearby market.
- There are possibilities of progress in the chosen field in the future as well.
- Parking facility available.
- We can decide on the basis of the size of the shop, quantity of goods and budget.
grocery store interior
- The interior of the grocery store should be such that all the shelves are properly visible to the customer when viewed from the front because it is said that what is seen is sold.
- And it should be easy for you and your helper to take out and set up the goods.
Kirana Store Design | Kirana Store Racks
Listing grocery store items and negotiating with wholesale suppliers
We have to make sure that what items we have to keep in the shop such as pulses, rice, flour, oil, etc., first make a list for this, gradually we will start to understand what will sell well and what will not, then later we will go into the stuff. You can also make some changes.
Talk to a wholesaler or supplier who will give you the goods of your shop on time and at the right price, be sure of the quality of the goods offered by the wholesaler.
grocery store grain list
Wheat, Rice Meal, Rice Basmati, Dosa Rice, Sabudana, Bajra, Whole Moong, Gram, Urad Ghota, Green Gram, Kabuli Chana, Mott, Ragi, Green Dry Peas, Groundnut, Rajma, Chawli, Barley, Maize etc.
grocery store item list | Kirana Store Items List
- pulses :- Moong dal, gram dal, kulthi dal, masoor dal, matar dal, toor dal, yellow moong dal, urad, washed urad dal, soyabean, arhar dal, bhat dal, beans, rajma etc.
- Spices :- Saffron Milk Powder, Chai Masala, Garam Masala, Kitchen King, Pav Bhaji Masala, Chole Masala, Rajma Masala, Vegetable Masala, Biryani Pulao Masala, Fish Curry Masala, Egg Curry Masala, Chicken Masala, Meat Masala, Jaljeera Powder, Chaat Powder, Sambhar Masala etc.
- salt, sugar etc. :- Iodized Salt, Rock Salt, Sugar, Crystal Sugar, Jaggery, Tamarind, Dry Chilli, Coriander, Fenugreek, Mustard, Sesame, Black Pepper, Cumin, Poppy, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Mace, Kasuri Methi , nutmeg, pineapple flowers, carom seeds, white pepper, turmeric, ghota turmeric, kalonji, cumin powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, asafoetida, amchur, dry ginger, kokum etc.
- cleaning tools :- dishwashing soap, dishwashing powder, dishwashing liquid, laundry powder, bath soap, laundry detergent, floor cleaner, toilet cleaner phenyl, garbage can, bag, phenyl tablets, dishwashing detergent Brush etc.
- body care :- Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Bathing soap, Shampoo, Hair conditioner, Sanitizer, Perfumed powder, Body lotion, Shaving lotion, Hair gel, Hair oil, Razor, Blade, Baby products, etc.
- pickle relish :- Jam, different types of pickles and jams, honey, vinegar, papad, roasted dry fruits, ketchup etc.
- dry fruit:- Dry figs, dry apricots, persimmons, almonds, cashews, coconuts, dry dates, raisins, raisins, pistachios, saffron, walnuts, betel nuts, melon seeds, chestnuts, chironji, dates, linseed seeds, makhana, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds Seeds, Watermelon seeds, Plums, Chia seeds etc.
- beverage :- Juice, tea leaves, coffee, cold drinks, chocolate etc.
- Bread and Snacks Bread, eggs, snacks, biscuits, noodles, pasta, oatmeal, crisps, etc.
- oil/ghee :- Refined Oil, Vegetable Oil, Ghee, Vanaspati Oil, Vanaspati Ghee, Coconut Oil, Groundnut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Mustard Oil, Soybean Oil etc.
- Dairy Products :- Milk, paneer, buttermilk, curd, ghee, butter, cream, milk, ice cream, milk powder etc.
- banking powder :- Banking Soda, Banking Powder, Food Colour, Food Test Powder, Coconut Powder, Yeast etc.
How much margin to keep on goods
Don’t try to make huge profits in the beginning. Margins in grocery stores are very small in the beginning.
The margin varies on all items from 5 to 15% like 8% on soap, 15 to 20% on rice, sugar etc, 10% on toothpaste etc.
If good quality goods are sold at the grocery store, then the customer will come to your shop and in this way the customers will be treated well. To increase the customer base, we can give the goods a little cheaper, only after becoming a customer and good goodwill. Margin can be increased.
Making a slight change in the goods as per the need of the customer will also prove to be beneficial, if you want to increase the margin and earnings, then the quality of the goods will have to be paid attention to properly.
Marketing for grocery stores
- Nowadays marketing is done in all the arrangements and if you want grocery stores are also marketed in the surrounding area with pamphlets Can be divided.
- Customers can also be attracted to our store by offering them good offers.
- Home delivery service i.e. free home delivery can also be started.
- If the quality of the goods of our store is good then the customer will remain.
- Promotion of grocery stores can also be done through mobile phones through website, WhatsApp group, app or Facebook page.
- And if your grocery store is located in a busy area, customers will be coming and going on their own to pick up what they need.
- Whenever the customer comes, inform him about the offers and discounts being run by you or any company.
- Keep the name of the grocery store in such a way that it can be easily remembered and if needed, regular customers can recommend your store to others.
- Keep collecting the mobile number of the customers while making the bill. When the time comes, the customers can be informed about the offer by sending a message through WhatsApp through mobile.
read this also
► Proprietorship Firm | sole proprietorship firm
► Partnership Firm | partnership firm
► Private Limited | private Limited company
maintain good customer behavior
- To deal with customers well, it is most important to understand the needs of the customers properly, what and how they want.
- If the quality of our goods is excellent then the customer will be happy.
- Always be polite with customers.
- If you respect your customers, they will like to come to your store.
- Ask them to sit down if necessary.
- Also keep the facility of drinking water for the customers.
- If you talk to the customers, understand them, then definitely good behavior will be made with the customers.
- Let them know about the offer.
- Inform them about the service of “Free Home Delivery” and stay in touch with them.
- If there is any defect or problem in any goods, then the goods should be replaced by the customer.
- By taking care of these small things, very good behavior can be created from the customer.
Kirana Store NIC code for Udyog Aadhar.
NIC code for grocery store 47110 Which comes under consumer category beverage or food.
Non alcoholic drink can we sell at grocery shop?
Yes you can sell non-alcoholic beverages at your grocery store.